Sunday, January 18, 2015

I do LSD

Another good day of training is on tap, I do not know how much running I will get in but I hope to run at least for an hour and a half today (with a little bit of hills thrown in too). Today, will mark the 2nd week of Mimi's new run club - LSD on the Heap. 

In South Florida, there aren't any hills to speak of. To train on 'hills' we generally run up and down inlet bridges which works but is tirelessly boring. The heap is a reclaimed garbage facility that is now a large, beautiful public park called, Vista View. There are miles of rolling hills, lovely water features and trails for running and biking. Truly a Broward County gem.

Two weeks ago was the first LSD on the Heap. About 8 people joined us. Last week was a race, so we are resuming this week. The amount of people that join us is not the focus, the training is and it is nice to get out there to enhance my week with some variety. Well, my coffee needs a reheat. Time to get this party started.


I ended up running 10.53 miles with 800 feet of elevation gain - 9:01 per mile pace - 131 avg hr
A good solid effort today. I ran pretty hard for the first 4 or 5 miles and then just cruised. 



No comments:

Post a Comment