Wednesday, January 28, 2015

Genius -Tim Minchin

Tim Minchin - Some genius quotes from Storm - One of the funniest, most entertaining and profound bits ever.
-
So many good lines, but here are just a few of the best...
"Do you know what they call alternative medicine that's been proved to work?....medicine."
"Science adjusts its views based on what's observed, faith is the denial of observation so that belief can be preserved." (emphasis added because it's one of my favorite quotes, ever).
"Throughout history, every mystery ever solved has turned out to be NOT magic.."
"Isn't this enough, just this world"
"I am a tiny, insignificant, ignorant bit of carbon. I have but one life and it is short and unimportant, but thanks to recent scientific advances, I get to live twice as long as my great, great, great great uncles and auntses. Twice as long to live this life of mine, twice as long to love this wife of mine, twice as many years of friends and wine..."
And this video gets bonus points for tying in Scooby-Doo.
-



Run - 2:28:01 - 16.6 miles - 8:54 pace - 124 avg hr
Long run - last (not long enough) long run before I run the A1A Marathon next month. I am so not prepared for this race. My total mileage is decent but I haven't logged any 20+ mile runs in a long time. I need to keep my expectations low and treat the race more like a training run; not a race. The problem is, I paid for it so I am sure I will run hard at the start and try not to fade. who knows, anything is possible. Now I need to ease up my training as we get closer to marathon day.

No comments:

Post a Comment