Thursday, January 29, 2015

Elliott Smith

A memory:
-
As a small-time concert promoter I booked a lot of bands who went on to be huge 
#rock stars when they were small. One of my favorites was #ElliottSmith when he was still in #Heatmiser from #Portland. I booked him twice at #SevenSouth (now The #HiDive) in #Denver. The first show sold only 39 tickets. A year later their agent called looking for a replay. I said no. 
-
The next day Elliott called me. He really wanted the show. I told him i about my loss after the first show. He offered to play solo for less money.
-
He then said, "Richard, I Thought we were friends" - I am a softy and that did it. I booked his band at the same price-point as the first time. And guess what? The same thing happened. 39 paid. Looking back, that was the best money that I ever lost. I miss you Elliott. We are friends. RIP




Run - 1:00:09 - 8.28 miles - 7:15 pace - 139 avg hr
Good strong effort today. I feel good to see improvement the day after putting in almost 17 miles.

No comments:

Post a Comment