Monday, September 7, 2015

MyHowl September 6 - 12

Friday
I am rested. My intention is to run easy today and get the training going again. After two episodes of quad pain and missed workouts due to my aggressive downhill running, I am committed to keeping my routes flat for a while. I have missed a LOT of running days over the last month and this stupidity has to stop. It is time to train smart

Wednesday
My quads hurt like Quad-zilla attacked them. I could run if I wanted to crawl but the value would be negligible at best. I suppose that the added rest will benefit other tired or aching bits that I haven't noticed. I really do not like rest days. 

-
Driving to Denver today, I hope to see Nico and Mo while I am there. My living situation is still uncertain but I have hope.

Monday - Labor Day
To the American workers: thank you.
-
I do not know when I will learn, but over the last 30 days I have been to Colorado twice. When I used to live hear, I ran the hills all of the time and with no issues. Unfortunately, on both trips I promptly went for hard up and down mountain trail runs and on both occasions I have wrecked my quads. This has caused me to miss a lot of training. I need to get settled and adapt. I am excited, albeit a bit disappointed in myself.

Sunday
Colorado beauty is everywhere. I'm in Basalt on the FryingPan River exploring with my buddy, Danny. When I lived in this state before (Denver, Ft. Collins, Vail and Aspen), I took natures wonder for granted. Now that I have returned, I will embrace it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training this week: Run 7.78 - Bike 0 (6 rest days)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat - Run - 1:15:05 - 7.78 mi - 9:39 pace - 1230' of elevation gain - 143 avg hr
I wasn't going to do it, but I did it again. I have had to Colorado mountain running disasters. I simply am not used to running these hills since I came here from Florida. Twice now, I have destroyed my quads. This time basically eliminating my ability to run for most of the week. Anyway, I simply cannot learn. I love the hills. Today's run was up Smuggler Mountain in Aspen. I am hoping that my quads adjust to the pounding and tomorrow I will be okay to run. Yeah, that is the pan anyway. 
Fri - Rest
Thur - Rest
Wed - Rest
Tues - Rest
Mon - Rest
Sun Run - Rest
My quads are destroyed from yesterdays run up and down Ajax Mountain.

Last week: run 43.59 mi - bike 0 (3 rest days) 

last month run 281.55 mi (1 rest day)  - bike 0 

-

run yr: 2,124.79

bike yr: 207.95 mi         

-

run last yr: 2,670.88 mi
bike last yr: 3614.17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#traumatic #BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment