Sunday, March 8, 2015

MyHowl - Mar 1 > 7

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Monday
Well, here we go, it is taper time. The reality is it is becoming more of a train through/moderate taper. I will cut back and include some complete rest days this week as Sundays 50K trail race approaches. I feel pretty good at this point and my confidence is pretty high. Of course, 32 miles is a long way and anything can happen on a trail as I proved last year by getting lost for 38 plus miles. I think I am in better shape based on my Marathon a few weeks ago.
-
Wednesday
A day off from training today... probably needed - but why do I feel so guilty? I will run tomorrow and we drive Friday to Dade City, FL (Green Swamp) for Saturday's race.
-

MY TRAINING
Sun 3/1: Run - 1:26 - 10.11 miles - 8:30 Pace - ? avg hr.
Vista View trash heap trail run with 700 -800 feet of elevation gain. I do not know for sure because my Garmin is not uploading my data to Garmin Connect and I am not happy about this. Anyway good run in my new light weight New Balance Minimus trail runners. 
Mon 3/2: Run - 1:03:00 8.22 miles - 7:39 pace
Steady pace - felt pretty relaxed today.
Tue AM 3/3 Run - 1:02:00 - 7.26 miles - 8:30 pace
Hill repeats - about 800 feet of elevation gain
Tue PM 3/3 - Run - 42:07 - 5.2 miles - 7:54 pace - 136 avg hr

WOB (World of Beer) fun run.
Wed 3/4 REST
Thurs 3/5 - Run - 1:32:07 - 10.15 miles - 9:04 pace 
Slow run, heavy wind - tired
Fri 3/6 rest/travel day
Sat 3/7 RACE - 50K - 4:49:31 - 9:03 per mile pace - 141 avg hr
A great day. I won my age group and came in 8th place overall. 

Week Total (1 rest day): 85.02 mi (that is a lot of mileage for me!)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #brain-injury #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #ultra-running #vegans #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #Worldofbeer f#Beer #Facebook #marathon 

No comments:

Post a Comment