Sunday, October 18, 2015

My Howl: Oct 18 - 24

Friday
Please take a minute to view this video. Yes, to be sure - Benghazi is a political witch-hunt, but Hillary Clinton is still not the candidate of the people. Clearly, the only choice is #berniesanders


Sunday
As a new week begins, I am reflective and grateful that my continued hard work is beginning to pay off. Although the accident in which I suffered a traumatic brain injury is now about 6 years past; relative to TBI - it has been barely a sliver of time. Still, as I assess my progress, I am proud; thrilled that my physical improvement (running as a measure), has slowly improved to the point that I am beginning to see some pre-injury speed return. Sure, I am 50 years old now and it is unlikely that I have the same athletic ability; yet I am stubborn, relentless and aspire to be better
. Day after day, mile after mile, including bumps, stumbles and crashes (in every regard), I move forward, I battle, I win. 

And then there is Bernie Sanders:


"I think many people have the mistaken impression that Congress regulates Wall Street. In truth that is not the case. The real truth is that Wall Street regulates the Congress." 
                                                                                             - Bernie Sanders
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training this week: Run 62.46 - Bike 0 (1 rest days)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Run - 10.48 mi - 1:17:55 - 7:26 pace - 138 avg hr - 300' elevation gain.
Excellent effort - 1st 8 mi in 55:30 - it is nice to see the improvements continue

Fri Run - 11.18 mi - 1:24:50 - 7:35 pace - 144 avg hr - 823' elevation gain
Good strong run 
Thur Rest
Wed Run - 10.22 mi - 1:16:06 - 7:26 pace - 143 avg hr - 354' elevation gain
nice run - I felt strong
Tues Run - 10.24 mi - 1:17:54 - 7:36 pace - 145 avg hr - 323' elevation gain
Nice strong effort

Mon Run - 10.2 mi - 1:20:10 - 7:51 pace - 145 avg hr - 369' elevation gain
Good run 
Sun Run -10.14 mi - 1:18:04 - 7.41 pace - 148 avg hr - 333' elevation gain.
Good steady run.

Last week: run 51.41 mi - bike 0 (1 rest days) 

last month run 154.26 mi (12 rest days)  - bike 0 

-

run this year: 2,415.96 mi

bike this year: 207.95 mi         

-

run last yr: 2,670.88 mi
bike last yr: 3614.17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#traumatic #BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment