Sunday, June 7, 2015

MyHowl - June 7 >13

Saturday

The week started off well. but my run on Wednesday turned painful after about .5 miles and I walked 3.5 miles home. My chest remained painful all night and into the morning so I took yesterday completely off. I feel a little better this morning and may take the bike out or try an easy jog. The chest pain that I have been feeling appears to be a muscle pull and not heart related. It is scary though since the pain crosses my heart and seems to be located in that region. My feeling is that it is definitely an exercise induced muscle pull. In any case, I probably needed the rest and hopefully my training will regain its intensity this week.

-

I decided to run with the intention of holding back the pace; no expectations. If pain returned, I would walk back home. I didn't need to. I managed 11 miles at just under an 8:00 per mile pace. The plan is to not push it until the muscles are completely pain free (even at rest). This one frightens me.

Tuesday

The revolution continues. +Bernie Sanders draws growing crowds at every public engagement. The recent straw poll in Wisconsin indicates that Bernie's image size is growing in the rear view mirror of the Hillary Clinton campaign (who I do support). Stay informed of his rebel strategies at his new online campaign journal: Democracy Daily; a place for the public to learn who Bernie is, what he stands for and his policies are discussed in real time. It is becoming clear that Bernie is a candidate for the people and his message will be heard in spite of the main stream media and its near blackout of the Bernie Sanders movement which cannot be bought by Wall Street, PAC (political action committee's). or the billionaire class. A truly underground swell of support and small monetary donations by middle class Americans. The excitement keeps growing!



Sunday

LSD on the Heap continued today. I am enjoying this weekly tradition of running at Broward County's reclaimed garbage facility, now a public park; Vista View. This trail is not challenging, but when I focus, I can get a decent amount of elevation gain.


-

Training this week: Run 60.8 mi  (0 rest day)

Sat Run - 11.08 mi - 1:28:25 - 7:59 pace - 137 avg hr

Yay me. I took a chance an ran easy but well. I really never pushed the pace and the chest pain didn't return today.
Fri Rest
Still a lot of chest pain; so I took the day off. I am pretty sure that it is a pulled muscle (not heart related), but the pain is speaking and I am listening. 

Thurs Run/walk - 4.11 mi - 15:10 pace

I ran the 1st 1/2 mile and then walked as I experienced chest/muscle pain. 

Wed Run - 6.72 mi - 7.49 pace 143 avg hr

Recovery run with some 400 and 800 meter tempos to break it up

Tues PM Run - 5.21 mi - 8:15 pace 118 avg hr
Run club at World of Beer. Steady pace.
Tuesday AM Run -15.26 mi - 9:02 pace 131 avg hr

LSD in brutal heat and humidity today

Monday Run - 8.27 mi - 7:42 pace - 131 avg hr

Early morning run at a better pace

Sun Run - 10.15 mi - 9.10 pace - 131 avg hr

Trail run at the trash heap with +1500' of elevation gain. I ran at an easy pace and tried to find as much uphill as possible. Unfortunately my Garmin is not uploading and I can't get the actual elevation gain. Last week was above 1500' and I think I would have climbed higher today. Bummer. 

Last week: Run 74.03 mi (0 rest day) last month 281.53 mi last year 2,670.88 mi 

-

bike yr: 20.28 mi          

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 

No comments:

Post a Comment