Sunday, June 28, 2015

MyHowl - June 28 > July 4


Saturday



THIS PATRIOTIC VETERANS HOLIDAY RANT

Happy 4th of July to the more than half of America that isn’t treasonous, racist, bigoted, or kissing the butts of the 1%.
-
Remember when W was president and Republicans said merely criticizing him was treason?
-
With that, a meme for them - based on their consistent policies: You are WARFARE QUEENS.
-
And lastly (because I am a surly bastard), some wise words from one of our nation's framers, Thomas Paine, The Age of Reason (consider his thoughts):

"Whenever we read the obscene stories, the voluptuous debaucheries, the cruel and torturous executions, the unrelenting vindictiveness, with which more than half the Bible is filled, it would be more consistent that we called it the word of a demon, than the word of God. It is a history of wickedness, that has served to corrupt and brutalize mankind; and, for my part, I sincerely detest it, as I detest everything that is cruel".
-
From South Florida - Happy Independence Day - be healthy and happy,

Tuesday

It looks like I am back up and running. I ran strong yesterday but felt tired on the same course today. I am most likely a bit sluggish after the days off from running due to my injury. Still I am confident that I am back and with some consistent training I should continue on an upward trend.

Sunday

I have been struggling since last Wednesday - my fall really set me back; I suffered lingering pain all week. I must have hit my rib cage on something because my ribs really have been in a state of limiting growls all week (as well as the road rash to my knees and elbows). I have been able to bicycle a few times after a full rest day and Saturday's ride was with a lot less pain. I have really wanted to run, but I am utilizing this time to rest my running sticks fully. Not to mention I have also been nursing a bruised running sole on my right foot. I think today will be my first run since my tumble. 

-

I did end up making to the trash heap today for a trail run. I started out running but was walking in less than a hundred feet. I ended up walking the first 2.5 miles and then jogged the last 3 miles. My last mile was in 8:00 - so I am encouraged. 
-

You do not have to be a genius to understand one.




Training this week: Run 63.45 mi - bike 0.0 (0 rest day)

Sat Run - 8.23 mi - 1:06:31 - 8:04 pace

Easy warm-up, then 4 1/2 mile tempo on 1/2 mile easy

Fri Run - 6.76 mi - 55:06 - 8:09 pace 

Oh boy, that was tough out there today; I had nothing.

Thur PM Run - 6.1 mi 45:33 - 7:28 pace - 138 avg hr

run with Runners Depot (store run)

Thur AM Run - 6.76 mi - 51:35 - 7:36 pace - 140 avg hr

The Rambewood route in the rain. I felt much better today and ran well.

Wed Run/walk - 8.41 mi - 1:20:42 - 9:35 pace - 135 avg hr

I ran the first 6.25 mi in around 51:00 and was reduced to a walk (with some slow jogging) the rest of the way home. I was done in by the heat and mostly the humidity today.

Tues AM Run - 8.24 mi - 1:05:57 - 8:00 pace - 143 avg hr

I ran pretty well for the first 10k and then faded

Tues PM Run - 5.11 mi - 41:45 - 8:10 pace - 142 avg hr

World of Beer club run

Mon Run - 8.23 mi - 1:02:17 - 7:34 pace - 150 avg hr

Good run - 1st effort without walking since my crash on Wednesday.

Sun Walk/Run - 5.61 mi - 1:13:51 - 13:09 pace - 96 avg hr

Well the injuries remain but after a rough start (2.5 miles of walking), I began jogging and got stronger with less pain as I continued. My fingers are crossed.  Today included 400' of vertical at the trash heap. 

Last week: Run 28.72 mi - Bike 64.39 (1  rest day) last month: Run 222.85 mi - Bike 187.67

-

This year: run 1,642.8 mi - bike 207.95 mi 

Last year: run 2,670.88 mi - bike 3,614.17     

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 

No comments:

Post a Comment