Sunday, June 14, 2015

MyHowl - June 14 > 20

Saturday
Nice long bike ride from Palmetto to the West Palm Inlet and back today. I tried to brick a run after the ride, but the foot pain returned immediately so I called it a day.


Friday
The big news this week is, I have ridden my bike 3 days in a row. Actually, I have ridden both of my bikes (my fixie and my tri-bike). My recent over-training induced foot injury has been the catalyst but I hope it is not the only reason why I am riding. I used to love cycling. I rode a lot and was a strong rider. Along the way, I lost interest and it is sad. My fastest days as a runner also included very heavy bike training. I don't think that my foot injury is serious and I anticipate being back at a heavy running schedule again in a few days. It is likely however, that if I included bicycling into my regimen, I probably would not have gotten injured at all. Not only that, I still fantasize about a return to triathlon races. 


Sunday

Ran long and felt great for the first 10 miles. The heat did me in and by mile 12 I was slowing down; walked home from mil 12.34. I don't know what the answer is. It is SoFla summer and I suppose I need to get out earlier...
-


Training this week: Run 41.36 -  bike 123.28 (0 rest day) 

Sat Bike - 61.26 mi - 19.1 avg mph - 117 avg hr
Nice ride up to the inlet. I rode well with some longer intervals on the way up and then cruised home. The run that I attempted afterwords was cut immediately as the foot pain was there and I played it safe.

Fri Bike-  21.57 mi - 19.57 avg mph - 122 avg hr

I rode my Quintana Roo today. A nice change of pace (from the fixie). 
Thurs  AM Bike - 20.25 mi - 17.61 avg mph - 116 avg hr

Rode the fixie this morning chasing Mimi around while she did a few intervals. Humbling...

Thurs PM Run -  6.12 mi - 8:08 pace - 130 avg hr
Trail run on the levee. I had a really sore running foot tonigt. The pain is on the bottom of my right foot near the ball where my foot strikes. It hurt so bad that I took my shoe off at mile 3 thinking that there was a rock in my shoe. 

Wed Bike - 20.2 mi - 17.82 avg mph - 120 avg hr

2nd bike ride of the year. Super hot weather and tired legs so I had an active rest day on the bike
Tues AM Run - 6.77 mi - 7;40 pace - 143 avg hr

I got my run in a litte earlier today, but not early enough. It is getting hot quick.
Tues PM Run - 5.1 mi - 8:23 pace - 134 avg
World of Bee run - easy

Mon Run - 9.12 mi - 7:50 pace - 143 avg hr

steady run i the heat of the day - summer is on high

Sun Run - 14.2 mi - 9.43 pace - 141 avg hr

HEAT and HUMIDITY and my run became a walk for the last 2 miles 

Last week: Run 60.8 mi (0 rest day) last month 281.53 mi last year 2,670.88 mi 

-

bike yr: 143.56 mi          

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 

No comments:

Post a Comment