Monday, May 18, 2015

MyHowl - May 17 > 23

Saturday
Taking it easy today - maybe a few strides to zap some fire into my legs. The Vermont City Marathon start is at 8 am tomorrow morning.
-
and in national news, I feel strongly about #BerniSanders presidential bid.




















Thursday

Our first night in Burlington, VT was highlighted by an excellent vegan dinner at Revolution Kitchen (with Fra and Matthew Fahey). In a word, outstanding. I am already anticipating a return trip this week!

 Revolution Kitchen

Wednesday
Mimi and I are flying to Burlington, VT today to run the Vermont City Marathon this weekend. I love that town so it will be a fun week of travel.
-
Keys 50 update. First and foremost, I had a really great time in the Keys with my friends and I am humbled by Sam Horowitz - a stellar race and finish! He was so inspiring; last year my pacer and this year a finisher! Personally, I did not cross the finish line. I probably went out too fast and was walking a lot by mile 21. I was still maintaining 6th place overall and could have struggled on but I knew it was going to get really ugly for me. Plus, to do so would destroy my legs and perhaps my spirit as well. I decided that with a marathon scheduled a week later it was probably a good idea to treat the race as a last long training run and call it a day. Hopefully my decision pays off and I have a good race. We are heading to the airport in an hour or so. I really don't like the whole airport/flying thing. I look like a terrorist and generally I am treated like one too.

Tuesday
.
Our friends are not food.

There is scientific evidence that some animals are capable of experiencing the same range of emotions as we can. The brains of mammals are surprisingly similar to the human brain.

Monday
I enjoyed a rest day in Marathon yesterday. Today is a drive day baeack home to Coral Springs. Now its time to get a few good marathon prep runs in and pack for our flight too Burlington, VT. I am looking forward to the cooler weather and seeing Fra and Matthew. Who knows, maybe I will get to see Charlotte's sister, Minton, while there too.

Sunday
Starting off the week with a nice relaxed day on Marathon Key. I may or may not run a few easy miles later. I feel great and I am ready to embrace the days ahead.

Training this week: (1 rest day) Run 35.66 mi

Sat 5.11 mi - 40:23 - 7:54 pace
marathon tomorrow
Fri 5.1 mi 42:16 - 8:17 pace - 118 avg hr
easy jog

Thur - 5.29 mi - 40:12 mi - 7:35 pace - 130 avg hr
Stretching the sticks out - marathon on Sunday

Wed - rest - travel day

Burlington, VT

Tues AM Run -1:01:52 - 8.42 mi - 7:21 pace -142 avg hr
good run - marathon prep with tempo

Tues PM Run - 35:22 - 4.0 mi - 8:50 pace - 115 avg hr
World of Beer run

Mon Run 58:00 - 7.74 mi - 7:30 pace - 134 avg hr

Good run with a little tempo

Sun rest day

Last week (1 rest day): Run 66.0 mi last month 318.92 mi last year 2,670.88 mi 

bike yr: 20.28mi          

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 

No comments:

Post a Comment