Saturday, November 21, 2015

MyHowl: Nov 15 - 21

Saturday
The mystery of this deep, and at times lonely, life continues... but, the worst is over. The glorious happiness light is peaking through the turbulence above. I am swimming towards the surface. I will get there.


Jimi Hendrix

“The story of life is quicker than the wink of an eye, the story of love is hello and goodbye...until we meet again”

― Jimi Hendrix

Friday
We are a little closer to completing the deal on the hippie cabin in Conifer. Tomorrow is the building inspection; I hope everything checks out. I imagine a lot of great trail running/snowshoeing there. It remains to be seen.

Tuesday







































Well it looks like I found a place to live! I put this mountain hippie pad under contract today now the obligatory inspections and closing awaits. There is an outside chance that I could be moving in by Christmas. I am excited. The joint is in Conifer, Colorado which is in the Denver foothills not too far from  the Red Rocks Amphitheater. 

Sunday
Maybe it really is time for me to start anew. I am happy, really. Despite last weeks devastation, I am thrilled to be back home in Colorado and I feel like things are really going to take shape for me here. I have friends (men and woman) and I will find a new soul-mate too. Life is simply, so much better here - in Colorado. Florida gets a bad rap and the truth is, it deserves it. In my honest opinion, the beaches are phenomenal but the scenery of the  landscape is little more than a strip mall with self centered 'look at me' types all over the place. Did I mention how intolerable the humidity is? No? No relief even at night. Screw it, the one I love is gone and so am I. So it goes...
-

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training this week: Run 64.6 mi -  Bike 0 (1 rest days)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Rest
Fri Run 20.12 mi - 2:49:20 - 8:24 pace - 134 avg hr - 24' elevation gain
3rd 20+ mile run in a 13 day span Thur Run 11.63 mi - 1:45:00 - 9:01 pace - 1,347' elevation gain
Thur Run 11.63 mi - 1:45:00 - 9:01 pace - 1,347' of elevation gain
Good run in the hills of Evergreen - nice and steady
Wed Run 7.2 mi - 1:01:28 - 8:32 pace - 143 avg hr - 678' of elevation gain
Kept my run a bit shorter today.

Tues Run 11.36 mi - 1:37:05 - 8:32 pace - 1288' elevation gain
Wicked windy and cold; but I really enjoyed this run. I coulld never run this comfortably  in South Florida for this long without Gatorade or water. Colorado is made for running!

Mon Run 10.19 mi - 1:30:21 - 8:52 pace - 1200' elevation gain
Good steady run in the hills around Evergreen. 

Sun Run 4.1 mi - 45:30 - 11:05 pace - 110 avg hr - 310' elevation gain
Easy recovery run with my old running buddy, Angie and her pup. Just a slow jog and a chat

last week: run 70.14 mi - bike 0 (2 rest days) 

last month run 221.68 mi (7 rest days)

-

run this year: 2,649.26 mi

bike this year: 207.95 mi         

-

run last yr: 2,670.88 mi
bike last yr: 3614.17 mi

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

#traumatic #BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment