Sunday, August 9, 2015

MyHowl August 9 - 15

Saturday


-
I'm a little bit frustrated today. The primary purpose of my Colorado trip was to find a place to live. I spent two full days looking at properties. I found a nice agent to show me around and we found lots of affordable properties to buy. I did find one that I particularly liked in the hills on 2.5 acres. I do not know if I will be able to finagle the buy or not, but I am trying. The thing is, regardless, I will have about 2 weeks to move once I get back to Florida and my time will be primarily dedicated to packing. It is weird because I do not have a place to call home and will not before I journey back. Randomness and chaos is the story of Dick Dime. Also, I wanted to do a lot of trail running while in Colorado. I did run Green Mountain and it was awesome. Unfortunately, the down hills have wrecked my quads and I have taken 2 consecutive rest days and today will most likely be my 3rd. I have become a flat-lander and I am paying the price. I am staying positive and I know things will work out. Still...


Sunday 
This time tomorrow morning I will be on an airplane for my visit to Colorado. I will be there for a week and I can't wait to see my daughter, Nico and my grand-daughter Mo. Of course I will make time to see as many of my friends as possible. The primary purpose of this trip however, is to find a place to call home. At the end of August, I am moving back to Colorado. I had a nice 3+ year escape to Florida. So many great things have happened; I return a much improved survivor of traumatic brain injury.
-
I have trained hard and later this week I will have logged 2000 miles running for the 3rd straight year (this year the earliest despite not having The Leadville 100 on my schedule). I still have a lot of work to do if I ever want to be a comparable athlete to the one that I left behind in August of 2009. It is much more challenging post TBI. Even though I don't think that I ever ran more than 1000 miles in a single year before the accident, I was a much faster runner. I am excited to report that my progress has been measurable and I can anticipate significant improvements to come. Simply put, I cannot wait to return.
-
Unfortunately I will be moving without my girlfriend and team-mate, Mimi. I know that she still loves me as I love her. As a wise man once said, it remains to be seen. As for me, I believe the distance will be a minor obstacle and our relationship will remain secure, limitless.  
-
Beautiful.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training this week: Run 30.93 - Bike 0 mi (0 rest day)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Wed Run - 6.81 mi - 1:09:23 - 10:11 Pace - 135 avg hr
Green Mountain - Lakewood, CO - 986 feet of elevation gain
Tues Run - 10.15 mi - 1:21:28 - 8:01 pace - 134 avg hr
First run on my Colorado trip. I ran from my buddies house to my old stomping ground of Washington Park. It felt awesome to run in the dry mountain air. I did something I could never do in South Florida. I ran without any Gatorade for 10 miles. In SoFla I would be walking home by 8 miles.
Mon AM Run - 7.23 mi - 57:47 - 7:59 pace - 125 avg hr
Very early run at about 2:30 am. I am flying to Denver this morning so I wanted to sneak a quick jog in.
Sun Run - 6.74 mi - 50:50 - 7:33 pace - xxx avg hr
Good run. 6.2 at near tempo and then recovery home.

-

Last week: run 62.45 mi - bike 0 (1 rest day) 

last month run 266.7 mi (1 rest day)  - bike 0 

-

run yr: 1,974.72 mi

bike yr: 207.95 mi         

-

run last yr: 2,670.88 mi
bike last yr: 3614.17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment