Sunday, July 19, 2015

MyHowl July 19 - 25

Tuesday
(Via Robert Reich)
What amazes me, frankly, are the crowds. Not since Robert F. Kennedy sought the Democratic nomination in 1968 has a candidate for the nomination of either party generated such large numbers of people eager to see and listen to him. None in living memory has summoned such crowds this early, before the nominating season even begins. Even Sanders' advisers are amazed (I spoke with one this morning who said they never expected this kind of response).
What's the explanation? It's not his sense of humor. It's not his youth. He isn't a demagogue, bashing immigrants or pandering to hatred and bigotry. It's that he's telling Americans the unvarnished truth about what has happened to our economy and our democracy, and he is posing real solutions. And it seems that America is ready to listen.
What do you think?


Sunday
Team memories... The past three years have been an amazing run in the swamp of south Florida. Love is great when you are on team. Still, leaving grows a melancholy; sour reminders are everywhere. I will be okay. Yep. Colorado is waiting and I am looking forward to reconnecting with my family, friends and the region that I call home. 
In respect to my traumatic brain injury, Florida has been good for me. I think that initially, returning to life in Colorado (post TBI) added a lot of pressure in regards to my recovery; in that because I did not have the same capabilities (athletically and vocationally), a growing self-doubt and depression built within me. Moving to Florida was new and separated me, from me, as I remembered me. I had a new anonymity of sort. A new beginning. And finally, I think I am ready to return.

  

The cool thing is that Margaux (or Mo is she is called) and Nico will be close by and I can watch her grow and maybe teach her how to snowboard as I did her mom when she was 3. I miss the mountains, the weather and all of the groovy people that live there. I am losing a life here in SoFla (mostly Mimi that is); hopefully things become normal between us again. Time will tell. I am not really sure what to expect when I return to Colorado. I would like to buy a tiny house in the mountains and train and possibly work - as in a JOB - again. I will keep this blog site updated and it will certainly evolve as will I. Stay tuned. Things will probably become interesting as my journey continues.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training this week: Run 48.01 mi - Bike 0 mi (0 rest day)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Run - 7.13 mi - 1:00:40 - 8:29 pace - 130 avg hr
tough run with sever headwinds. My tactic was to imagine running up Ajax Mountain in Aspen, CO. It will not be long now.
Fri Run - 8.1 mi - 1:12:53 - 8:59 pace - 138 avg hr
Dropped my car off at the dealership for some maintenance and ran home - easy
Thurs PM Run - 5.2 mi - 39:33 - 7:36 pace - 132 avg hr
Runners Depot run - I felt a lot better than this morning and even though my pace was faster, my heart rate was a lot lower.
Thurs AM Run - 8.38 mi - 1:13:53 - 8:48 pace - 147 avg hr
Wicked hot today and my avg heart rate was high. I ran the first 10K decent and strugged to mile 7.5 and walked for about a 1/4 mile then jogged home. UGH - I need to escape this heat and humidity. Colorado is calling!
Wed - I decided to call it a rest day 
It took me 26 days of continuous training to admit that I need a rest day. I have been battling the heat, humidity and yes - fatigue. 
Tue PM Run 5.21 mi - 42:50 - 8:09 pace - 124 avg hr
World of Beer run club
Tue AM Run 7.21 mi 56:34 - 7:50 pace 140 avg hr
Florida is hot. I can't wait until I am running in the mountains of Colorado again.
Mon Run - 7.16 mi - 55:47 - 7:47 pace - 141 avg hr
Steady pace most of the way, faded quite a bit on the last mile - hot
Sun Run - 6.71 mi - 50:47 - 7:34 pace - 140 avg hr
This run included 6 1/4 mile tempo efforts on a 1/4 mile easy jog

-

Last week: run 58.4 mi - bike 0 (0 rest day) 

last month run 281.53 mi  - bike 187.67 (2 rest day)

-

run yr: 1,820.95 mi

bike yr: 207.95 mi         

-

run last yr: 2,670.88 mi
bike last yr: 3614.17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment