Sunday, July 5, 2015

MyHowl July 5 - 11

Saturday
I am feeling pretty tired. I probably should take a complete day off; it has been over 2 weeks since my last full rest day. I think I might be afraid not to work out because I eat like a pig and drink like a fish and if I don't exercise my battle with the fat will grow as do I.  The point is, I am running and I feel fatigued during all of my runs. I need to recharge.

Tuesday

Oh Yeah
Ooo
Still don't know what I was waiting for
And my time was running wild
A million dead-end streets and
Every time I thought I'd got it made
It seemed the taste was not so sweet
So I turned myself to face me
But I've never caught a glimpse
Of how the others must see the faker
I'm much too fast to take that test
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
full(Turn and face the strange)
Ch-ch-Changes
Don't wanna be a richer man
Ch-ch-ch-ch-Changes
(Turn and face the strange)
Ch-ch-Changes
Just gonna have to be a different man
Time may change me
But I can't trace time
Ooo yeah
I watch the ripples change their size
But never leave the stream
Of warm impermanence and
So the days float through my eyes
But still the days seem the same
And these children that you spit on
As they…

- David Bowie

Monday
Yes I admit it, I am a proud heathen.


Sunday

Mimi and I celebrated Independence Day at Richard Nixon's house last night. I got pretty drunk and fell asleep sitting at the picnic table. We slept it off and then drove home to find that are dogs were out of the yard and partying throughout the neighborhood. Thank goodness, we found them before something unspeakable happened. I got up late this morning because I love to run in the hottest part of South Florida mornings.  It went okay considering last Sunday I was forced to walk due to this incessant heat/humidity. I was demoralized by the experience; and I was recovering form severe road rash due to my fall the previous week. I reevaluated my training and I backed off the pace and reduced my daily distances and I think that I am coming back around. Two steps forward and one step backwards is how I typically do it.
-
And yes on the political front, things are becoming fiery-hot and I FEEL THE BERN. It hasn't happened yet, but soon the mainstream media (despite their obvious monetary bias), will be forced to say his name less the term, 'fringe'. I prefer the Sanders coined candidacy description: REVOLUTIONARY. Bernie Sanders can win the 2016 presidential election and the country can embrace real change that will benefit all citizens and not just the people who can afford to buy our democracy (Koch Brothers, etc.). Do it, Bernie!
,, 


--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Training this week: Run 64.61 mi - Bike 0 mi (0 rest day)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sat Run 6.47 mi - 54:58 - 8:30 pace - 135 avg hr
I am spent. I must be needing a day off. A wise man once said, "listen to your body" - hmm.

Fri Run/walk 12.22 mi - 1:54:08 - 9:35 - 136 avg hr
Ran okay for the first 9.2 miles - mixed in walk breaks the rest of the way home.
Thur PM - 5.22 mi - 38:46 - 7:25 pace - 136 avg hr
Runners Depot store run
Thur AM Run - 7.32 mi - 59:01 - 8:03 pace - 134 avg hr
Easy pace on a different route. 
Wed Run 6.11 mi - 59:52 - 9:47 pace - 126
Trail run at the trash heap - 650' of elevation gain
Tues PM Run - 5.11 mi - 41:04 - 8:02 pace - 126 avg hr
World of Beer club run
Tues AM Run - 7.11 mi - 56:55 - 8:00 pace  - 132 avg hr
easy jog
Mon Run 8.3 mi - 1:05:25 - 7;52 pace - 131 avg hr
Decent run - considering how unmotivated I am this morning.
Sun Run - 6.75 mi - 52;05 - 7:42 pace - 141 avg hr
Ramblewood route. Good effort today. Yes, it is hot!

-

Last week: run 41.36 mi - bike 123.28 (0 rest day) 

last month run 281.53 mi  - bike 187.67 (2 rest day)

-

run yr: 1,707.41 mi

bike yr: 207.95 mi         

-

run last yr: 2,670.88 mi
bike last yr: 3614.17

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition 
#traumatic #
BrainInjury #TBI #running #training #healing #politics #liberal #democratic #triathlons #UltraRunning #vegan #athletes #blogging #Google #Blogger #rants #howls #peace #love #WorldOfBeer #Beer #Facebook #marathon #PlantPower #liberal #secular #atheist #LeftWingPolitics #democratic #fitness #health #PlantBasedNutrition

No comments:

Post a Comment